Vacancy – Grinding Machinists – (J&S – Manual)
19th April 2019
Shift Pattern – there is a role for the right person on a four night shift or four day day-shift system
Aim – As part of the companies year on year growth strategy we need to strengthen our hard state grinding section, candidates CV’s are welcome with a flexible skill set on both manual and CNC disciplines capable of one off too small / medium batch working
Reporting to the Grinding Supervisor you will have gained suitable experience and/or qualification in a mechanical engineering grinding environment, with a track record of competence and confidence in setting and operating manual grinding machines. Knowledge and experience of CNC grinding will also be a distinct advantage.
In addition the ideal candidate(s) will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Ability to accurately interpret and work from engineering drawings to BS / ISO standards.
- Ability and aptitude to identify and address opportunities to maximise machine utilisation and up-time to meet demanding manufacturing schedules, to include flexibility throughout the grinding section.
- Be capable of working with the minimum of supervision in the identification and execution of priorities and tasks set.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and agreed targets.
- Reliable, consistent and punctual.
- Be a proactive team player.
- Able to maintain and monitor their own quality control using micrometers, Vernier’s and gauges.
- Willingness to extend their own skill sets through Company sponsored training.
- Competitive package available to the right candidate.