Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager you will have gained suitable experience and/or qualification in a mechanical engineering environment, working with both Manual and CNC grinding machines, with a track record of competence and confidence in programming, setting and operating Manual & CNC Cylindrical Grinding and Hard Metal Turning machines, including Studer, Jones & Shipman Ultra grind and DMG CTX500.
In addition, the ideal candidate(s) will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Ability to accurately interpret and work from Engineering drawings to BS / ISO standards.
• Ability and aptitude to identify and address opportunities to maximise machine utilisation and uptime to meet demanding manufacturing schedules, may include multiple machine operation.
• Be capable of working with the minimum of supervision in the identification and execution of priorities and tasks set.
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and agreed targets.
• Reliable, consistent and punctual.
• Be a proactive team player.
• Able to maintain and monitor their own quality control using production gauges.